Friday, July 23, 2010

Just like the rat made

Ratatouille!

I had this back in the spring at Disney (get it... the movie ratatouille and they MADE ratatouille?!) I had it at the Crystal Palace which had excellent food. My husband had it and didn't even believe me that eggplant was in it - it was that good. I wanted to find the Disney recipe, but never did. Since all the ingredients are in season, I decided it was time to make it.

I selected a fairly easy recipe - Rachael Rays. You can find it here - Ratatouille. It's actually very, very easy to make - even without a chefs hat and a rat hidden underneath. The only think I would do different is to make more sauce and perhaps a little thinner - perhaps adding more EVOO to the sauce.

Theorietically my garden should be able to produce all these veggies, with the exception of garlic. So, this really could be a home grown dish. Sadly, my garden has been somewhat angry at me and hasn't given me squash yet. Perhaps soon though... perhaps soon.

In the meantime, eat your veggies and make some ratatouille!

No comments:

Post a Comment