Thursday, April 22, 2010

How to exercise and cook all at once!

I had the brilliant idea to make homemade pasta on Wednesday night. It's really not complicated at all. In the past when I made it I had a pasta maker - and now I understand why. Pasta is really fairly simple - flour, salt, eggs & olive oil. That's about it. It only took about 5 minutes using my Kitchen Aid - and another 5 to knead. For the filling, I decided on a cheese filling so my vegetarian would eat it - ricotta, italian spices, egg, wilted spinach and some parm all mixed up together. Again... nothing complicated.

Then the hard part start. Rolling it out. Wow. That stuff is tough. I would definitely recommend a pasta dough roller if you are planning on making thin pasta. It took me a good 10 minutes to get it thin enough to be decent. The good news is that eventually it worked, the bad news, I was beat.

However, the best thing was that my children LOVED it! Oh my gosh, I was thrilled!!! Handmade, homemade pasta that everyone ate! I didn't cover it in sauce --- just a little fresh olive oil and parm. Yum-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment