Monday, May 10, 2010

We need to get some Alfredo Cheese

One meal I forgot to tell you about that I made while the family was here was my Alfredo Pasta. I had never made Alfredo sauce from scratch, but it seemed easy enough. In the process of gathering my ingredients, my dear husband said something that made me realize that all of us cook from cans too much.

He said we need to get some Alfredo cheese.

Now, I am NOT making fun of him. I am NOT laughing at this statement. Up until this point pasta Alfredo came from restaurants or a can - not homemade. The fact that he didn't know that it wasn't made from "alfredo cheese" just shows that we rely too much on other people to make our food. It's not his fault that up until now our Alfredo mainly came from Olive Garden or Ragu.

I found a VERY simple recipe for Alfredo Sauce on Recipezaar.com . Now, I won't fool you into thinking that this was a "healthy" recipe. Butter, cream & cheese. Yeah, not health food - but - it was DARN good and actually easy. WTH would you buy it from a can? 'Cause it's easier?? No, there's not too much easier than this. It tastes better? No way... there's enough fat to make this exceptionally decadent.

Sorry I have no pictures. But you must make it yourself.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment