Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life always throws a curve ball

So, we all agreed to be very good and not eat out or buy extra things. We actually started to feel "ahead" and that things were ok. Well, for some reason when ever that happens, something goes wrong. This time, it was my kitty not feeling good. She's getting old and we know it. She started acting a little lethargic and so we took her in. Unfortunately, veterinary care is not inexpensive. After a long, long expensive, physically & mentally exhausting day yesterday we came home with our kitty. She's ok for now, but not great. Yes, I will admit, we took the easy route. We ordered pizza - mainly for the kids. I really hadn't eaten most of the day. I actually spent most of the day crying. I was done, and threw in the towel.

Today was a new and better day, and we are back on track. Of course, now more than ever, we need to save. We have follow up visits and extended care AND we are still hoping to make that trip (this is, if we can leave our dear kitty for that long if she happens to still be with us).

So, I haven't given up just under some stress.

Tonight I made an easy dinner. Just some whole grain pasta, some canned sauce. I added some oregano and sauteed onions to add a little zip to it. It's a little comfort food when I need some comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I'm really really glad to hear that Pixie is doing OK, or at least better. I'm entering a period when I think about mr. B and his age all the time. Give her a big long rubdown for me? Pizza is good comfort food anyway. =)

    ReplyDelete