Saturday, January 30, 2010

Southern Cookin'


I have to admit, I am a sucker for good country cookin'. While it's a southern cliche, Cracker Barrel does have good southern cooking. I usually get a vegetable plate there, but because people in the south know how to season their veggies. Dumplins' are usually an option on the vegetable plate, and I almost always get them. Last nights dinner was inspired by the Cracker Barrel Chicken & Dumplings.

I used this recipe from Recipezaar.com . A customer at work actually introduced me to this site long long ago. It came out pretty good, and I have to admit something seems to be missing. I feel like that something might be butter or cream or something rich, which I am better off without anyway.

Yes, this was not something my son would like. So, he got a bowl of tomato soup - which he loves - which was easy to make. Not from scratch, mind you, but easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment