Friday, January 15, 2010

A Revelation

Why did I start this Blog? ANOTHER blog? Because a few days ago we decided to take a trip. Trips cost money. Dining out costs money. We are definitely guilty of being "lazy" and ordering pizza or running out to a restaurant because we just didn't want to cook. Sometimes it's easier for our family, too, because there are such wide varieties of tastes and preferences in our house. My husband and I like comfort food. Spicy food. My son is a vegetarian and is picky. If it doesn't "look" right, he won't touch it. My daughter is a carnivore, but a picky one too. Going to a restaurant often solves those problems - we can get what we want. But $30 here, $40 there, $20 here, goes fast. That's 3 'dining out' meals, but that could easily be 1 weeks worth of grocery money. So, I have 2 1/2 months to save my pennies.
The problem is money is tight and we want to take this trip. The bright side is that I LOVE to cook. So, I am going to try and post - daily - what I am making - whether it's something just my husband and I eat, or something that we all can appreciate. My goal is to make food that tastes GOOD, use different recipes, try new things and try to eat more vegetarian so that we can all sit down to one meal - not customized for just one or 2 people. It won't happen everyday, but it's what I am hoping to do. I won't tell you when or where we are going. It's a secret. But, rest assured it will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I am happy to support you on this endeavor! Let me know if you want help -emotional or just recipe ideas. =)

    ReplyDelete