Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quiche!

Quiche is something I probably don't make often enough. It's so yummy & customizable and actually really easy.

Tonight I used half of a pie crust I had made about 2 weeks ago. I rarely made pie crust before making it for a chicken pot pie earlier in the month. I was amazed at how easy and GREAT it came out. I will probably never buy pie crust again. My pie crust of choice --- The Pioneer Woman's. You will see her recipes frequently on here. They are so homey and easy. Granted, some of them will give you a heart attack with the amount of cream or butter she uses, but.... all in moderation, right?

So... one pie crust.

Then, for the quiche I took a recipe from the Betty Crocker cook book. You know... the classic red and white book. I made the "Create your own" or something like that. Tonight I used carmelized red onions (I LOVE carmelized onions), green & red peppers and garlic as well as some Sargento Fiesta Blend cheese.

I mixed 3 eggs and 1 1/2 cups milk (I have to tell you the name of the creamery I got it from -- a local creamery -- Sassy Cow Creamery. I love the name. I also love the Sentry has tons of local foods to choose from.) Anyway, after beating the eggs and mixing in the milk I added the filling to the mix. After baking the super awesome pie crust I put the filling in and baked for 30-40 mins. It was so good. I will share some pictures tomorrow.

The bonus of quiche is that I have leftovers. It can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's versatile.

2 comments:

  1. You know what would be great (for me)? Photos of these meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I have pictures of the quiche. I'll post later today. AND I am making the Mac & Cheese with Gouda tonight!

    ReplyDelete