Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grown Up Dinner

Tuesday is always a busy day. Usually my daughter has dance and my son swims. Dance is from 5-6, swimming 5:45-7. Not a lot of time to cook.

Today we made a quick and easy dinner for the kids (no swimming, so they ate after my daughters dance) which was just tomato soup and crackers. Nothing fancy. Just easy.

For us, I wanted something good, but easy, and healthy. While at her dance, I pulled out my iPod and ran the "Dinner Spinner". I put in Chicken, as a main dish and in less than 45 mins. Lots of recipes caught my eye. But there was only one I had everything for. It was called "Simply Parmesan Chicken". As I was making this I was thinking how nice it is to have things now that I am cooking so much. Instead of regular breadcrumbs, I had panko! I used Tuscan Sunset Italian seasoning from Penzeys.

My accompanying dish was a basmati rice blend from Trader Joes.  (Are you seeing a pattern here? Trader Joes, Penzey's etc...). A very easy, quick and tasty meal. The chicken was very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment