Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Meh

I finally made something that I really don't like very much - but it sure is pretty. Tonight was Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry from Food Network Magazine. It was OK, not awful, but not worthy of making again. I KNOW that none of you will be trying it out for one main reason -- Okra. This is the first time I've cooked with okra. Yeah, it's slimy (although it's a great thickener). Rob said 'these peppers aren't very hot' and it took me a moment to figure out that he meant the okra. Poor California boy ain't never had no okra.


For some odd reason, the only cauliflower I could find in the grocery store was either purple or orange. Purple seems slightly more 'normal.' Orange reminded me of a nuclear glow, so I opted for the purple. It tasted the same as white cauliflower, but made for a really colorful dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment