Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make Your Own Pizza Night

We do this about once a month. As you have probably noticed, everyone in our house has their own tastes, which makes cooking a challenge. Make your own pizza night allows everyone to have their own, personalized pizza.

Tonight, I started with the 99cent pizza dough from Trader Joes. I had an assortment of toppings. Grated carrots, bean sprouts, bbq sauce, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken breast, cilantro, sauted onions & green peppers. I am sure I am missing something, but that's about it.

Here are the pizzas we ended up with :

My son - traditional cheese, onions & peppers with sauce - I think he added cilantro too
My daughter - a calzone with pizza sauce, pepperoni, carrots & cheese - and a cilantro smiley face on the outside
My husband - a bbq chicken pizza - sauce, chicken, cheese & cilantro
Finally, mine was a thai chicken pizza with bean sprouts, hoisin sauce (I had actually planned on using a Peanut Satay sauce, but was afraid it would have been too nutty. Turns out the hoisin & satay together would have been perfect), cilantro, cheese & carrots.

The only common ingredient in all our pizzas was cilantro!

This works out great because everyone gets what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment