Sunday, February 28, 2010

And now, for something completely different...

Earlier in the week I downloaded a new App for my iPod Touch (it's not an iTouch people... that just sounds creepy!!) from Martha Stewarts Everyday Food. Everyday (ha!) it sends a new recipe to your iPod or iPhone and if you have push notifications on, it puts it on the screen - like a text message. Typically, I am bad about using my Apps on a  regular basis so I find this VERY helpful. Every single day, it will send me a recipe idea. Love it! today it came up with Salmon Pasta. Now, I am originally from Florida and unlike my co blogger, Hx, I am not a huge fan of seafood (unless it's shrimp, then I am ready to roll, especially if it's scampi). However, I am making an effort to eat a little more fish - specifically salmon - because I know it has all those good Omega3s and such in it. So, this sounded like a great idea. Even better because I could make the pasta and separate out a little for the children who - even if one wasn't a vegetarian - wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. (the kids got the same pasta, but with my mix of basil & garlic cubes from Trader Joe's -- my quick & cheap version of pesto). Should I tell you the story about how my daughter initally refused to come out for dinner because of the fishy smell in the house? No... ok, well, then yes, no fish for them.

So, I made this dish and I did forget a few things. I have a TON of spinach in the fridge. What did I forget??? The freakin' spinach! I also forgot the parsley, which personally, isn't a huge loss. I am still disappointed that I forgot the spinach. It's been a long few days and today involved taking my daughter to a party at Chuck E Cheese's which well, is among my least favorite places in the world - so that's my excuse.

Anyway, the thumbs were way up on this one - even without the spinach. I have no pictures either! Sorry about that. It was that good. So good you should make it. The only thing I would do different is to spice it up. The rub was REALLY good, but it needed a kick. Some cayenne or some sort of spicy pepper. David used some Tabasco, which, if you have read this blog at all, will know is a commonly used condiment in this house. We put out salt, pepper & Tabasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment