Thursday, February 18, 2010

Noodle Night!!!

So, since Hx is finding so many yummy ideas from Rachael Ray, I thought I would give it a try. I decided to search for some vegetarian options and came up with a few ideas. Now, if you read any of her recipes on a regular basis, you'll notice they are not normally vegetarian. Her preferences seem to be a lot like my husbands - and I attribute this to the fact that they are both from Upstate NY -- although she's from about 100 miles east of him -- her recipes are always full of stuff I know he'll like. (ie bacon, sausage, burgers, cheese etc...).

While perusing her site I found this option - Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry. This seemed to have it all. The only "offensive" ingredient was the egg. Have I mentioned lately how darn picky my kids are?? No, neither of them like eggs.  But at least this was something that didn't have to be combined in the whole meal. Everyone seemed to enjoy this option. Phew! The only issue I ran into was I couldn't find any baby bok choy. I don't know if it's because it's the middle of February (which, actually... yes, I am pretty sure that's the reason) or something. I did just use regular old bok choy.

This recipe could definitely be modified to use more veggies, or less or certain ones that are preferred. I think some broccoli, perhaps even green peppers or other less common veggies could definitely be added.

This one is definitely a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment